breakfast,

Strawberry Donuts for my loves..Happy Valentines Day!

7:00 AM Tiffany Hinton 2 Comments

 to your favorite board for easy reference



Join our Mailing List - http://www.mom-certified.com  for weekly recipes delivered right to your mailbox




Ingredients
  • For the Donuts: 
  • 2 cup gf all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla extra
  • 1 vanilla bean, scraped
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup almond or rice milk
  • 2 Tbsp butter, melted

  • For the Glaze: 
  • 1/4 cup almond or rice milk
  • 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Tbsp strawberry gelatin powder
  • sprinkles, optional

  • Directions

  • In a large mixing bowl, combine all donut ingredients until well blended. Fill a donut pan 1/2-3/4 full with batter. Bake donuts in a 325 degree oven for about 12 minutes. Remove. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely before glazing.

  • While donuts are baking, add milk, coconut milk and vanilla to a medium sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir and heat until warm. Whisk in the gelatin mix and slowly whisk in powdered sugar. Remove from heat.

  • To glaze donuts, either dip donut tops into glaze and immediately add sprinkles. Or, using a large spatula, spread glaze on top of donuts and add sprinkles, if desired. Allow to set, about 5-10 minutes. 
to your favorite board for easy reference


I am sharing this!

Craftomanic Monday link party | Made With Love Link Up by Sew Chatty | Craftastic Monday Link Party | Bowdabra’s Showcase | The 36th Avenue

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

We are very new to the world of GF, so I had to try this recipe for my daughter who is a donut fanatic. I had to alter it a little to accomodate what I had on hand. Instead of strawberry gelatin I used cocoa powder and I used refrigerated coconut milk instead of canned. I dont have a do ut pan so I used a mini muffin pan which created perfect donut holes! The second batch I used coconut oil instead of butter and added cocoa to the batter. Both batches were divine and gained my kids seal of approval. Thank you for sharing and bringing a little normalcy to an otherwise intimidating transition

I love it! Thank you @Butterfliesmudpies for the great comment and feedback. I girls love donuts too.