bards,

Gluten Free Beer Options and Where to Find them!

2:32 PM Tiffany Hinton 0 Comments

to your favorite board for easy reference

When I first went gluten free I thought I would never have a beer and pizza night again. When my hubby and I were dating we had a tradition of walking across the street for deep dish Chicago style pizza and beer after work on Fridays.  I do miss this even today. Well as you know the gluten free pizza is alive and kicking in our house and we actually have a ritual day every week of "Make your own pizza" on Friday nights.

In the last year I have learned about many gluten free beer options and have a few new beer favorites.  I was first introduced to Bards last year at the GFAF Expo in Chicago and love how it reminded me of the way beer use to taste.  Before being gluten free I preferred to drink German Pilseners, now I mainly drink white wines.  Bards is made with sorghum instead of barley.  Over the past year I have tasted Omission (Will's favorite GF beer), New Planet (I really like their Belgian) and New Grist.  There are also several ciders available gluten free as they do not use wheat or barley in production.  I really am not a fan of hard cider but there are many options.

Fox News even recently had an article on 6 gluten free beers you need to try. You can find it here http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/06/19/6-gluten-free-beers-gotta-try/

Now where to find these Jewels in the Chicago area:

Fresh Thyme in Prospect Heights carries all of them as you can see from the photo above.

D'vine Wine in Palatine carries New Planet and Red Bridge.

Ultra Foods and Strack & Van Til carries New Planet.

Binny's carries several of the Cider options.




Get Free GF Recipes Today! Download our App



Join our Mailing List - http://www.mom-certified.com  for weekly recipes delivered right to your mailbox

You Might Also Like

0 comments: