cilantro,

Summer Salad Love

8:07 AM Tiffany Hinton 0 Comments


to your favorite board for easy reference

During Summer everyone wants a body that will fit in the that infamous yellow polka-dot bikini right?  


OK maybe it is just me, a mom who has had 3 kids, but still wants the cute little Summer body.  

Honestly I am happy with my body and self.  This has taken me several years to get here but I can put on a string bikini and not have a care.  Most weekends you can find me running around the backyard with my kids in a bikini, because I am happy with myself. If you need help getting to your happy place contact My Kitchen Shrink, Elyse Wagner.  She can get you there!

The reality is during Summer I prefer quick meals, to allow more time for playing and sunning.  This salad was awesome and Hubby even had seconds.  

Summer Salsa Salad with Mahi Mahi

Ingredients:

Romaine lettuce
Mahi Mahi
2 tbs GF Mom Certified Fajita Seasoning (found inside Gluten Free Mom Certified Cookbook)
4 Tomatoes
1 Med White or Red Onion
1 Avocado
1 cup Cilantro
2 tbs Honey
1 cup Olive Oil
4 cloves Garlic

Directions:

Wash and season mahi mahi with fajita seasoning.

Rough chop tomatoes, onion, avocado and mix in medium bowl.

Rough chop cilantro. Peel garlic. Place cilantro, garlic, honey and oil in food processor and blend into dressing. (I used my mini chopper here)

Mix 1/2 of dressing with rough chopped veggies.

Grill the mahi mahi about 3 minutes per a side.

Build your plate with romaine as the bed. Top with Summer salsa, then mahi mahi and add a little dressing to the top.

This is great to eat alone too!


Photo by Franki - Her view of my meal prep #toddlerPhotography

ENJOY! 

Join our Mailing List - http://www.mom-certified.com  for weekly recipes delivered right to your mailbox



You Might Also Like

0 comments: