bread,

My Pizza fix… Flat Bread

2:05 PM Tiffany Hinton 0 Comments



to your favorite board for easy reference

If you are like me you crave pizza.  Being gluten free, dairy free and chicken egg free along with my allergy to yeast, kinda make pizza my enemy.  Really it could kill me or at least send my running with my butt clinched. I discovered my favorite alternative this summer during my 21 day challenge.  This recipe is awesome and super simple.

I love that I can top it with any veggies I have on hand and even add pepperoni like above to fix my pizza craving.



Ingredients:

1 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp pink salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut milk, warm
1 duck egg
1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
grape seed or olive oil

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet or baking stone with parchment paper.  Place the pan in the oven to get warm.

In a large bowl, mix coconut flour, tapioca flour and pink salt. Stir in the warm milk and coconut oil and mix until combined.

Let this set for 3-5 minutes, it will thicken up as the coconut flour absorbs the liquid.

Add egg and mix together with garlic paste.

Remove the baking sheet from the oven (use an oven mitten) and pour the flat bread dough on the parchment paper.

Quickly top with your favorite items and drizzle with oil.

Cook for 12 minutes in the oven, until the edges start to brown.

Enjoy!  I have been eating mine with melted Earth Balance with garlic cloves. This taste just like garlic butter dipping sauce. mmmmm….

Topping ideas:
Rosemary
Basil
Thyme
Pepperoni
Tomatoes
Onion
Red Onion
Leeks
Goat Cheese

The ideas are endless.  This could even be cooked on the grill over the summer.

Join our Mailing List - http://www.mom-certified.com  for weekly recipes delivered right to your mailbox



You Might Also Like

0 comments: