book,

The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies a Book Review

9:10 PM Tiffany Hinton 0 Comments


to your favorite board for easy reference

The title says it very well. This book is written by a fellow food allergy mom and someone I love calling a friend. Tracy Bush took time doing the research when her son was diagnosed with life threatening food allergies. She has put her heart into this book along with years of knowledge on living daily with food allergies.  The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies breaks down the day to day items in life into manageable topics. 

I learned two very important things while reading the book. First, my allergy to teff, sorghum and millet has probably always been around. I learned all three are grasses and I have always been allergic to weeds and grass in the fall with hay fever.  No wonder my insides react too.

I was also reminded to always carry two epi pens the first one may not work. Then what? In reality I should carry four epi pens as I have two daughters with life threatening allergies.

Tracy's book is a great resource for the parent of a child with food allergies.  Don't let the size scare you it is a huge information resource.  The best part is you can just search for what you need right now and then have all the information at your finger tips.  I love that she has include several recipes and I can't wait to try the donut recipes out. Watch for pictures soon!  Donuts maybe on the menu this weekend. I mean really who can pass up a donut and a cup of coffee.


To pick up your own copy of The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies visit Nutrimom Food Allergy Liaison. 



Join our Mailing List - http://www.mom-certified.com  for weekly recipes delivered right to your mailbox



You Might Also Like

0 comments: